Before you can operate a motel you need to know if you have the temperament to handle the day-to-day rigors of a motel existence. Assess what we consider are key attributes required in being able to meet the continuous demands of operating a motel. Click here to Download Suitability Questionnaire
To assess this - ask yourself these 10 questions. Answer with a yes or no
- Have you assessed your financial situation and know your financial limits in purchasing a motel?
- The commitment is 7 days per week from 6am in the morning to at least 9pm in the evenings and up to midnight if a restaurant is included in the business
- Do you possess sales experience - the key attribute in owning a motel business is being able to sell rooms.
- Are you in good health? Your physical condition is just as important as your mental preparation.
- Have you ever used a computer and know the ins & outs of the internet.You need computer skills.
- Do you have the temperament and discipline to carry out the many and varied duties of running a motel and at the same time tolerate interruptions at any time?
- Do you enjoy and find it easy to communicate with people?
- Are you handy and able to repair basic items?
- You do not have a young family less than 7 years of age.
- Do you understand basic book-keeping procedures?
Result: If you have answered any question in the negative please investigate why. Discuss it with a friend who knows you very well who will be honest with you about your attributes and short comings.