This is in the Reception area where you set up booking software systems to assist you and your staff to quickly check-in/check-out your guests and record important information for marketing.
Gone are the days where you cannot leave the operation of the motel because you will lose business. Your business should be geared for you to leave it at any time.
Reception has daily repetitious functions which computers are ideal for.
Click here for list of endorsed software providers from Motelinfo.
It is all very well to load a new program, however you have to make sure that the computer system is compatible to the software.
Click here for a list of endorsed hardware providers from Motelinfo.
Unfortunately this is the tip of the iceberg when it comes to compliant computer systems.
Computers are a must within a modern motel. They are required for:
- Booking program in Font office
- Email for on-line enquiries
- Internet high-speed VPN cable connection for guests
- Maintenance follow-up
- Accounting - in Back Office
- Wage control
- Security Camera Control
- VoIP on-line telephone systems
- Laundry Sola grid costing and water tank usage
- Internet connection to smart TVs
- Template systems stored in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Guest Computer including Skype for over-seas travellers
All the above computer systems are operating at Aston Hill Motor Lodge Port Macquarie and can be assessed within your programmed visit.
Properly set up computers take the labour out of the repetitious daily duties and value add with staff training built-in to most programs. A motel with a proper operating system will out sell any other motel that does not have computer proficient systems.