With different types of vacuum cleaners available on the market today finding the one that is best suited to your property can be little confusing.
Vacuum manufacturers are constantly developing designs in order to meet new cleaning challenges. They include daytime cleaning in noise-sensitive areas; having to clean in a very short space of time; or in heavily furnished areas or on stairways.
Nilfisk-Advance, manufacture of professional cleaning equipment, has four categories of vacuum cleaners:
- Dry vacs - For almost any application.
- Wet and dry vacs - Available with tank capacities from 5-75 litres; equipped with one or two motors.
- Backpack vacs - A perfect choice for cleaning stairways, heavily furnished areas and busy areas in motels where guests need to pass by. In addition, the operator always has one hand free for other tasks.
- Uprights - Good for efficient cleaning of carpets due to the rotating brush that mechanically lifts the dust and dirt out of the carpet.
Ross Stewart, national business manager for Nilfisk-Advance, says quiet vacuuming is their secret to success.
"We have an extensive range of commercial vacuums that operate at sound levels as low as 44 dB (A) which is about the same level as a mosquito buzzing! This is ideal for daytime cleaning or when the public are about. The HDS machine operates at 44 dB(A), has two speeds and comes with a HEPA (high efficiency particle air) filter as standard," he said.
Nilfisk-Advance currently has two soft floor cleaners on the market now, the AX410 and the, both ideal for commercial use.
"The AX 410 is an excellent carpet extractor machine it is fast and effective at dirt extraction from carpets. It offers ready-to-go reliability and simple-to-use operation. The designed and onboard accessories make it easy to clean seat and wall coverings and hard to reach spots," said Mr Stewart.
"While the MX 103 vacuum cleaner is extremely efficient as it works perfectly for quick clean up or spot cleaning of carpets and upholstery. The MX 103 is a powerful vacuum that provides an economic and easy-to-use professional solution. The combination of excellent designed, performance-matched pump and powerful vacuums proves an effective clean and almost dry finishing process," he said.
Cleaning hotel rooms with very demanding hygienic standards can be met with HEPA-equipped vacs. HEPA filtration means dust separation of 99.97% of particles down to 0.3 microns (one micron = millionth of a metre).
"Some of our machines come standard with 4 stages of filtration. A HEPA filter also removes things like tobacco smoke, remains of dust mites, pollen and bacteria from the air," said Ross.
"We also have two new machines that have been introduced into our range recently that are powered by state of the art lithium iron batteries, for OH&S safe practices.
- The GD 5 Battery is a battery powered backpack vacuum cleaner.
It's portability gives you greater cleaning efficiency (you are always cleaning moving forward) jobs that normally take 1.5 hrs are now being done in half the time. There are also no leads to trip over and this is a big winner for daytime cleaning or were cleaning is done when the public are about (motels, conference centres etc).
- The GD 911 Battery is a battery powered canister vacuum cleaner.
Has the same features and benefits but in a canister design (for use in bigger areas)."
- The Nilfisk VP300 HEPA is the latest member of the VP300 series of basic commercial vacuum cleaners, suitable for everyday cleaning of light to medium duty applications, such as offices, hotel rooms, and retail stores.
"The VP300 HEPA is a unique vacuum due to its strong filtration combined with the cleaning capacity of 1200w motor," said Mr Stewart. "The certified HEPA filter ensures that a higher quality of air is maintained within the cleaning environment and the 1200w motor provides an exceptional and efficient cleaning performance. With a sound pressure of just 50 dB(A), it makes this vacuum suitable for daytime cleaning."